All students at IDCS will participate in at least one and sometimes multiple service learning projects every school year.
Some previous Services Learning Projects have been:
- Sewing glasses case for children in Nepal
- Hoops for Haiti, where students made and sold hula hoops and hoop earrings to raise money for Haitian Hurricane victims
- Collecting new pajamas to help kids facing uncertainty have a cozy night
- Empty Bowls, where students created pottery bowls that were sold along with soup to raise money for the local soup kitchen
- Creating IDCS' own food pantry to directly serve IDCS families and provide snacks for students
- Installing a Buddy Bench on the IDCS playground