- A lottery is held every April for all potential Pre-K students who will by 4 years old by January 1st of the upcoming school year. Applications are accepted for the lottery starting in September of the prior year. Applications must by in by the lottery deadline. Available Pre-K spots are filled in order by when the student's assigned number is pulled in the lottery. Once all spots are filled, the remaining students in the lottery will be placed on a waiting list in the order that they are drawn.
- Younger siblings of current IDCS students do not need to enter the lottery to receive a spot in the IDCS Pre-K. However, parents must fill out a student application and clearly indicate that the child is a sibling of a current student. Applications must be in by the lottery deadline in order to hold a spot for any incoming Pre-K siblings.
- Children of staff members who have been employed for one year or longer do not need to enter the lottery to receive a spot in the IDCS Pre-K. However, parents must fill out a student application and clearly indicate that the child is a child of a staff member. Applications must be in by the lottery deadline in order to hold a spot for any incoming Pre-K staff member's children.
- Any applications received after the lottery will be placed on the waiting list in the order in which they are received.
IMPORTANT APPLICANT INFORMATION
- Please call IDCS to confirm receipt of your student application after sending it in.
- Please keep your phone number and address up to date at all times. If we try to contact you and cannot reach you with any of the contact information provided, we will presume you are no longer interested in IDCS and remove your child's name from the