IDEA Event, September 5: Mr. Matthew Martinez, IDCS graduate and student at Eastern Connecticut State University, shared the meaning of Love Goes Farther to parents and teachers. Matthew shared that love is stronger than hate; he talked about including classmates in games on the playground, inviting students to be part of the group, and caring and loving one another. Thank you to the parents and teachers who attended the event.
- Volunteer Sign Up: From September 9 to September 20, volunteer sign up sheets will be on tables during student arrival and dismissal. Parents/guardians are invited to sign up for at least one during the school year. In addition to helping teachers in the classroom and the library, please consider joining our Integrated Day Education Alliance (IDEA), which is similar to a PTO and the Foundation Committee . IDEA focuses on raising funds for field trips, yearbook, graduation, the annual picnic, and service learning as well as planning and/or supporting several major events throughout the school year.
- IDCS Foundation Committee Meeting: September 16, all IDCS community members are welcome. The Foundation Committee focuses on supporting innovative ideas at the school, raising the school's profile and purchasing larger items, such as bleachers.
- Fire Drill: Our first fire drill is scheduled for Tuesday, September 10 at 10:00am.
The teachers will practice with their classes prior to the fire drill. This was
- School Arrival: The school buses typically arrive at 7:30. The student arrival car
line should move more quickly. PLEASE DO NOT DROP YOUR CHILDREN OFF AT THE CROSSWALK OR IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PARKING LOT. IT IS UNSAFE.
- Mums Fundraiser: An order form was sent home with each student so that
IDCS families can purchase mums. When the order is submitted to Mrs. B., IDCS receptionist, you will receive your tickets. The mums can be picked up at Malerba’s Farm 634 New London Tpke, Norwich, CT. Mums need to be picked up by September 30!
- School Pictures: September 11. We need parent volunteers. Please sign up
by emailing Rachel at email@example.com.
- All School: Friday mornings from 8:30-9:00. Please see website/school
calendar for dates.
- Free and Reduced Lunch: Please submit a free/reduced lunch application via the online food service program TITAN or stop by the front desk for a paper form.
- Spirit Days: Once a month on Fridays; student council will identify the theme for
each spirit day. Schedule is on the All School schedule.
- Lost & Found: Bins will be located near the former main entrance area.
Periodically, pictures of lost and found items will be posted in the newsletter.
Gay/Straight Alliance (GSA): The IDCS student GSA will start to meet during the month of September. IDCS started the GSA last school year. If anyone has an questions, please contact Ms. Tamika Thurston (firstname.lastname@example.org) IDCS Social Worker. This is a voluntary group.
- Donated Coats: Email Mrs. B. at email@example.com with your child's name and size if you would like your child to receive a new winter coat at no cost.