Who we are:
The Integrated Day Charter School Foundation is a collaboration of parents, staff, alumni, business and community leaders.
What we do:
As an independent 501 (c)(3), IDCS Foundation seeks to improve the academic success of each IDCS student through supporting arts, technology, and school awareness.
How we do it:
Through fundraising efforts supported by the collaboration of parents, staff, business and community leaders, the IDEA Foundation supports teaching and learning. This is done through funding art programs, technology advancement, curriculum supports and student activities, that have been shown to improve the chances of students’ academic and social/emotional success.
Contributions to date:
- Wilson Fundations® Curriculum: a reading curriculum for grades K-2 directly impacting the foundation of each child's education.
- Artist in Residence: in collaboration with IDCS and the HOTS program, the Foundation helped fund artist for each classroom.
- Bleachers: Seating for 150 people for school wide events such as "all school" assemblies, sporting events, and annual programs such as One World Day and graduation.
- Score board: This allows IDCS to host basketball games for both the girls and boys teams.
- Musical: The IDCS Foundation helped with funding the March 26th and 27th production of Annie Jr. and will continue with an annual grant to help continue this opportunity for years to come.
- Outdoor classroom- The Foundation funded a teacher grant to support an outdoor classroom. This opportunity enhances the unique setting of IDCS and the location on the Thames river.
- Multiple iPADs have been purchased for teachers.
- Video production technology
- Maker space
- Esperanza Rising field trip with all the extras
- Art grant
History of the IDCS Foundation
20 years ago, there was a vision of a special school for the youth of Norwich. IDCS was founded and along with it came the idea of a Foundation to help the future of IDCS. The vision included the importance of the arts, technology, and community outreach to educate the community about IDCS. Some of the founding members include Dr. Malls, Dr. Warren and the late Laura Seder and Michael Aliano.
After many years of the Foundation remaining dormant several parents decided to revive it in 2017. Beginning with a very successful wine tasting and silent auction. Since then the Foundation has been busy reaching out to the community and raising money for the students and staff of IDCS. Since 2017 the Foundation has had two wine tastings with silent auctions, breakfast at Billy Wilson's and a Concert at Mohegan Sun where 100% of the profits went to the Foundation. Currently the Foundation is planning a Calendar Raffle, Billy Wilson's Breakfast and a Mohegan Sun Concert.
Each one of these fundraising events allows the Foundation to give more money back to the school and continue to enhance the lifelong learning of each child at IDCS.
Make A Difference
Each year, your generosity allows the IDCS Foundation to support the IDCS mission. Gifts are directed to all areas of the school – from facility improvements, technology upgrades, equipment purchases, and art supplies to supporting teacher grants and general operating support. Your generous support directly impacts the opportunities available for every student, in every classroom, every single day.
Twenty years ago, the IDCS Foundation was created to support and enhance educational opportunities at The Integrated Day Charter School. A goal of the first fundraising event of 2018, Springtime on the Thames Wine Tasting and Silent Auction Fundraiser, was to fun teacher-requested grants. The Foundation is committed to maintaining this grant in the years to come. These grants are offered twice per academic year, in Winter and Spring, and for a total of $1,000 each time they are offered. Individuals or groups (e.g. Grade 2/3 teachers) can apply.
HOW TO GIVE
*Donate online today!
* Attend an IDCS Foundation Event!
*Shop Amazon Smile via the link below
* Checks and Money Orders payable to IDCS Foundation
Can be mailed to:
PO BOX 382
68 Thermos Avenue
Norwich, CT 06360
* Cash donations accepted in person in the Main Office
The IDCS Foundation is a 501(c)3 and donations are tax exempt as allowed by law.
Fundraising Form and Protocol